VISIT MICHIGAN CITY LAPORTE EVENT CALENDAR
It’s Always Festival Season!
Opening Reception, March 1, 2019, 5:00-8:00pm
Exhibit runs through March 31, 2019
We live a life of cycles. What was old becomes new again, what is new becomes old. “Modern” styles come and go through the decades with newer styles soon taking center stage while the old still has interest and value, becoming collectibles. If we consider people, some are given emeritus status and become sages and mentors. Exhibited work will depict one or more of these stages – grandparent with baby, antique or resale shops, plants, pets, furniture or clothing may comprise the body of this exhibit.
The SSAA Gift Shop offers a variety of cards, ceramics, printed scarves, bags and pillow covers all created by local artists. Bring your shopping list as you’re sure to find something wonderful! Browse the selection of books by local authors.
Southern Shore Art Association is a non-profit gallery supporting local artists throughout the Michiana area. Gallery hours are Friday, Saturday and Sundays from noon to 5pm. All are welcome free of charge. Join us in Michigan City’s historic Uptown Arts District.
The Gallery is located at 724 Franklin Street, Michigan City, IN.
For more information, visit the SSAA website at www.SouthernShoreArtAssociation.com or visit the SSAA Facebook page .
Visit these locations during lent and beyond for fabulous fish fries!
- American Legion Post 21 – 107 Flynn Rd, Westville, IN
- American Legion Skwiat Post 451 – 121 Skwiat Legion Ave, Michigan City, IN
- Bartlett’s Fish Camp – 12 On the Lake, Michigan City, IN
- Blackhawk Inn – 257 W Main St, Westville, IN
- Bistro on the Greens – 299 W Johnson Rd, LaPorte, IN
- Chappy’s Stadium Inn – 2323 Wabash St, Michigan City, IN
- Christo’s Family Dining – 1462 W State Rd 2, LaPorte, IN
Wed & Fri during lent. Serve fish dinner year round
- Decoy’s – 1729 US-20, Michigan City, IN
Perch dinner served 7 days a week. Fri – All-U-Can Eat Polluck or Catfish
- Duneland Beach Inn Restaurant – 3311 Pottawattomie Trl, Michigan City, IN
- Elks Lodge #432 – 416 E US Hwy 20, Michigan City, IN
- Fiddlehead – closed Mon – 422 Franklin St, Michigan City, IN
- Galveston Steakhouse – after 4 – 10 Commerce Sq, Michigan City, IN
- Hanna Hub Restaurant – 2 E Moore Rd, Hanna, IN
- Heston Supper Club – after 4 – 2003 E 1000 N, LaPorte, IN
- Indiana Deli & Catering Company – 805 Indiana Ave, LaPorte, IN
- Jenny Rae’s – 5201 E Us Highway 20, Rolling Prairie, IN
Fri Fish Fry year round
- Junction City Family Restaurant – 5636 E US Hwy 20, Rolling Prairie, IN
- Knuckleheads Sports Bar & Grill – 204 W Barker Ave, Michigan City, IN
Every Friday we offer All You Can Eat Walleye from 4-9pm.
- Lighthouse Restaurant – 600 Wabash St, Michigan City, IN
- Louie’s Café – 920 Lincolnway, LaPorte, IN
- Mama Sue’s Caferteria – 1904 E Hwy 20, Michigan City, IN
During lent we serve blackened, sautéed or fried Catfish or Lake Perch every Fri
- Matey’s Restaurant – 110 Franklin St, Michigan City, IN
- McGinnis Pub – 227 W 7th St, Michigan City, IN
Fish & Chips every day
- Olga’s Pizzeria & Restaurant – 454 W Main St, Westville, IN
Fabulous fish entrées years round, for lent, baked white fish fillet every Fri
- Options Buffet Blue Chip Casino – 777 Blue Chip Dr, Michigan City, IN
- Patrick’s Grill – 4125 S Franklin St, Michigan City, IN
Features fresh fish every Fri, year round
- Polish Falcons Nest 564 – 216 E. Lincolnway, LaPorte, IN
Serve fish dinners on Fri, year round
- Portofino Grill – 3233 N St Rd 39, LaPorte, IN
Perch, Salmon, Walleye on our menu everyday and a fish feature every night
- Queen of All Saint’s Catholic School – 606 S Woodland Ave, Michigan City, IN
- Round the Clock Restaurant – 219 Pine Lake Ave, LaPorte, IN
Every Wed & Fri during lent. Serve fish dinners year round
- Rumors Restaurant – 12 Moore St, Hanna, IN
- Satellite Inn – 603 Water St, Union Mills, IN
- Shoreline Brewery & Restaurant – 208 Wabash St, Michigan City, IN
- Sophia’s House of Pancakes – 5250 S Franklin St, Michigan City, IN
- Station 801 Family Restaurant – 801 Franklin St, Michigan City, IN
Serve fish dinners everyday
- Sweet Lou, That’s Who – 2913 US 421, Westville, IN
Serve fish everyday. Specials during lent
- Swingbelly’s – 3101 E US Hwy 12, Michigan City, IN
- T Bone’s Pier 11 – 1110 Lakeside St, LaPorte, IN
Serving fish dinners year round. Plus daily specials
- Third Base Bar & Grill – 1201 Pine Lake Ave, LaPorte, IN
- Three Sheets Bar & Grill – 227 W Barker Ave, Michigan City, IN
- Trattoria Enzo – 601 Michigan Ave, LaPorte, IN
- Taverna Tonelli – 521 Franklin St, Michigan City, IN
- VFW Post 2536 – 800 Earl Road, Michigan City, IN
Make & Take Class – Vintage Tea Cup Candle. Bring a tea cup set along with wax or a candle and perfume that you love and leave with a fragrant and beautiful tea cup to have in your home or give as a gift. The class cost just $10 and is located at the LaPorte County Visitors Bureau, 4073 S. Franklin St, Michigan City, IN 46360. For more information call 219.872.5055.
A top fitness trend designed to give you a long, lean dancer-like physique.This class will combine elements of Ballet, Pilates, and Yoga. Come join certified instructor, Becca Masters for a new type of workout! Session is 5 weeks on Wednesday nights. Walk-ins welcome $8 each class or Pre-register for $30.00 and save!
VISIT MICHIGAN CITY LAPORTE EVENTS
Set real life aside for a moment and just let yourself have fun. Make faces at the monkeys at the zoo. Sip some local brews that have won World Beer Cup medals. Pick your own baskets full of blueberries or apples. Stuff yourself with a pirate’s treasure of candy. Take lady luck for a spin around 65,000 square feet of gaming. Get lost in mazes of corn. You’ll find fun and laughter come naturally here.
*Note: Adobe Flash has to be enabled in your browser for the calendar of events to be rendered correctly.