Sandy Acres Clydesdales Fall Open House
October 9 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm$30
We are hosting an open house to meet the farm animals up close and enjoy an afternoon on the farm with food, vendors and different family activities!
Your ticket price is all inclusive for the activities listed. Vendors will have items for purchase and food trucks will have food and beverages for purchase.
New this year!!! We are selling time slot start times to limit the rush and congestion of people. Our limited number of tickets will be sold for your arrival times of either 10 am, Noon, or 2pm. Our event will start at 10 am and end about 2 hours after the last time slot. Please show up at your time slot purchased. We are on CENTRAL STANDARD TIME!!! That means the same time as Chicago, not Eastern Time otherwise known as South Bend or Michigan time.
About this event
Come to our 2nd Fall Open House to meet our farm animals and spend a fall afternoon with the family! Your ticket price includes wagon rides, demonstrations/talks about the Clydesdales, photo opportunities with the horses, face painting, outdoor games, dj for entertainment, door prizes and more! Food and beverages will be available for purchase as well from our food trucks attending as well as our kettle corn vendor. Children 3 and under are free.
- Face Painting
- Balloon Artist
- We will have a bounce house for the kids to enjoy and corn hole games to test your aim at bean bags.
- Meet our various Clydesdales, miniature critters and you can’t forget the fainting goats!
- Our miniature donkeys and Cupcake the miniature horse will be greeting guests and enjoying visits with the kids.
- Enjoy a wagon ride or two! We will be parking guests on our property down the road and will be giving wagon rides from the parking area to the farm.
- (For guests that need handicap parking or need assistance getting around, parking will be at our farm to make it easier)
- Don’t forget to get your photos with our Gentle Giant Clydesdale while getting up close and petting them.
- A great photo opportunity with our restored early 1900’s show wagon.
- Opportunities to learn about Clydesdales and the magnificent breed that they are!
- We will have man local vendors set up with very unique creations, custom tumbler cups, decorative home signs, custom horse shoe welded creations, and more! Our gift shop will be open as well. You asked for more vendors and we are delivering! Local honey, maple syrup, jewelry and much more!
Cash is the preferred method of payment for extras the day of the event but credit cards can be accepted on site for a fee.
This event will be held rain or shine so dress accordingly!
We will stay up to date with the COVID protocol for our area. Hand sanitizer will be available freely and with this being an outdoor event, there is plenty of space to spread out.
Disclaimer: We are a farm, horses do poop which can smell. We recommend appropriate footwear as parking will be in a dirt field. If it rains, there is a possibility of mud.
Please no dogs unless they are service dogs.